THE BUTTERFLY EVOLUTION OF BEING A MOM



I am ‘Mom’

Called out by my children in their need, in their joy, in their suffering

From their little voices calling out endlessly,
I hear them and wrap them in the cocoon of my love:

“Mom, look at me!” “Mom, I need you!” “Mom, I love you!” “Mom…..”

To teen anguish and enthusiasm,
I watch as their wings break through the cocoon:

“Mom, I need a hug.” “Mom, I can do it on my own.”
“Mom, can you please go away?”
“Mom, can you help me?” “Mom, can you take me to….”
“Mom, can I go…..” “Mom, let me show you this…” “Mom…….”

To mature voices, calling out to me as they use their wings to fly:

“Mom, I’ve been accepted at…” “Mom, I’m going to….”
“Mom, I’m getting married….” “Mom, we’re having a baby!” “Mom…..”

The intentional evolution completed

I joyfully watch my children fly on their own and

every now and then our wings touch…

🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋

On December 25, 2023 I received a beautiful gift from my daughter, Evelyn Joy Hoelscher. Evelyn Joy is a dancer and choreographer.  Her dance company, https://www.spacesoffontana.com/ is producing a show centered on motherhood in March in Austin, Texas.  Evelyn Joy hired 2 song writers to write original music for the show.  My poem was the basis for some of the music.  Evelyn Joy asked Therese Ronco to make a recording of the music used for my poem.  Therese calls the the song I AM MOM. 
Evelyn Joy gave me the song as my Christmas present!  I cried, of course, as I heard it.  I cry every time I hear it.  It reminds me of where I have been with my children and where I am now.  I am in the place to watch them fly and enjoy it when our wings touch!  
Here is the gift of the song
I AM MOM
Music by Therese Ronco
Lyrics by Sara Fontana


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUICIDE OF A VETERAN

Can you complete the Armor of God Family Challenge?