Prophetic Words from a Child

"What is that? What is that?" The child's voice broke the silence of the congregation that was focused on the Priest who was holding up the chalice during the Eucharistic Prayer at Mass. After reverently placing the chalice back on the altar and genuflecting, the priest stood up and looked out at the congregation. He said, "I have to stop a minute. I'm sure everyone heard the child just now. What you may not know is that in Hebrew the word MANNA means 'What is it?' That child yelling out just now was prophetic! This is our Manna from heaven!" After he said these words to the congregation, the priest attempted to begin reading the Eucharistic Prayer once again. He started with so much emotion and at one point had to stop because he was holding back tears. At that moment, I began to truly hear the power of the words of the Eucharistic Prayer.

These words, said by priest around the world during mass for over 1500 years. These words that I have heard so many times in my life as I knelt at mass. These words that I had often stopped listening to, allowing my mind to wonder, because I had heard them before. These words transubstantiate bread and wine into the body and blood of Christ. The power of words. The power of The Word, Jesus Christ, coming into our lives in a real way.

The child's question should break my internal silent wondering mind as the Eucharist Prayer is being spoken. "What is that?" Once bread and wine; THAT is the real presence of Jesus Christ! I am grateful for the prophetic child's voice crying out during mass reminding all of us to ask the question, "What is that?" every time we go to mass. My faith response and my belief...THAT is Manna from heaven.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE BUTTERFLY EVOLUTION OF BEING A MOM

SUICIDE OF A VETERAN

Can you complete the Armor of God Family Challenge?