HOPE IN ABUNDANCE

              So my scripture for 2014 is one of hope. I've listed various translations of this passage below. All of them reflect a powerful prayer for the year that we may abound in hope by the Holy Spirit. There are times when humanly, I despair. I walk in the darkness of disbelief and frustration. I throw up my hands and say, "Really God, this is ridiculous." I especially found myself saying this as we closed out 2013 and opened 2014. Several friends have been diagnosed with various forms and stages of cancer. I, myself, have to go have an MRI at the end of this month to confirm that "worrisome spots"(as the Doctor calls them),found on a recent mammogram,are just spots.
           Through the power of the Holy Spirit, my human despair, is replaced with joy and peace. Beyond human understanding my belief in the God of hope provides hope in abundance. God is not a God of scarcity. God is abundant in all that is eternal, especially FAITH, HOPE AND LOVE. God gave us life here on earth and does not take life away. My joy and peace comes from knowing that when my soul is no longer sustained in the body God granted me here on earth that my life continues with God. Eternal life is not a myth. That being said, my hope is for an abundant life here on earth for a long period of time :)
          I believe in the touch of Jesus that brings miraculous cures and a peace, beyond all understanding, that is available to us no matter what we are facing in this life. I believe in reading God's word daily and finding words of encouragement and challenge to live abundantly. As we face this new year, and especially for my friends who have been diagnosed with cancer, I offer the cry of the leper to Jesus in Luke 5:12-16, "Lord, if you wish, you can make me clean." Jesus stretched out His hand, touched him, and said, "I do will it. Be made clean." And the leprosy left him immediately. Miracles do happen. God heals our illnesses, our brokenness, our lives.

 “So may God, the source of hope, fill you with all joy and peace in believing so that through the power of the Holy Spirit you may have hope in abundance.” Romans 15:13 New American Bible 1970

 “Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you will abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” Romans 15:13 New American Standard Bible 1995

 “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” Romans 15:13 New International Version 2011

 “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in your faith, so that in the power of the Holy Spirit you may be rich in hope.” Romans 15:13 New Jerusalem Bible 2011

 “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.” Romans 15:13 Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition 1965

 “Moreover God of hope may fill you with all joy and peace in believing for to abound you in hope in power of the Holy Spirit.” Romans 15:13 Interlinear (Biblehub.com/interlinear)

 “Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” Romans 15:13 Mounce Reverse Interlinear New Testament 2006

Comments

  1. Hi Sara, A beautiful verse to choose. Your and your friend are in my thoughts and prayers. Josephine Juarez-Delgado

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

THE BUTTERFLY EVOLUTION OF BEING A MOM

SUICIDE OF A VETERAN

Can you complete the Armor of God Family Challenge?