SEPTEMBER 11TH - DESPERATE HATE

SEPTEMBER 11TH


A Day of Desperation
Desperate hate so deep someone is willing to die for it
A hate so deep that someone is willing
To take those that he hates and kill them as he dies
A desperate hate and conviction so strong
That the action of that day changed the world

I am overwhelmed at the power that can be wielded
When one hates so much
I am struck with the immense desperation that must be felt that leads to
Desperate hate which causes planning and plotting to
Destroy the object of that hatred.

I turn to my faith
I recall

Another Day of Desperation
Desperate love so deep someone is willing to die for it
A love so deep that someone is willing to take those that He loves and
Give them life as He dies
A desperate love and conviction so strong
That the action of that day changed the world

I am in awe at the power that can be wielded
When one loves so much
I am struck with the immense desperation that leads to
Desperate love that causes planning and plotting to
Bring life to the object of that love

On this day, September 11th
I turn to my faith
I am the hands and feet now of He who loved so much
He gave His life that I might live
Can I be so desperately in love that
I plan and plot to bring life to God’s people?
Can I too be so convicted and so desperate in that love that
I change the world through my actions of love?

The change begins in my family
It starts with daily expressions of appreciation and encouragement
Commitment to one another
Taking time to be together for fun, for work and service to others
Talking and listening to one another
Coping with our family crises and changes by reaching out to others
And our shared spiritual life
A spiritual life that gives meaning and purpose to our life together

The change continues in my church
Where I can join with others to plot and plan
To bring life to worship and programs that will inspire
Desperate actions of love
That will change the world
One person at a time
One family at a time

The change begins with me
Being so convicted in my faith that I take action that brings
The Greatest Commandment to life
Actions that reveal
My love of God, my love of others and my love of self

September 11th
My response to desperate hate is
Desperate love


Sara Fontana
September 11, 2004

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE BUTTERFLY EVOLUTION OF BEING A MOM

SUICIDE OF A VETERAN

Can you complete the Armor of God Family Challenge?